In addition to the principles of machine design and advance simulation and modelling techniques, students in the Mechanical Engineering programme of Harper Adams University will also gain knowledge of industrial manufacturing and process optimisation - skills highlighted by our industrial partners as highly sought after.
You will cover not just theory and technical skills but the research and business techniques needed by professional engineers. Industry figures have helped us to develop a comprehensive curriculum combining core engineering subjects with the latest industrial techniques. Much of our teaching is project led, and is designed to develop the professional skills that you will use as a graduate engineer.
Harper Adams Engineering graduates are highly sought after within industry and career opportunities are excellent. Mechanical Engineering is one of the broadest of the engineering disciplines and will offer you a wide choice of options. Our graduates are employed as professional engineers in: design and development, new product testing, manufacturing, and managerial and leadership roles.
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Communication for Engineers
- Mathematical Tools and Techniques for Engineers
- Problem Solving
- Mechanical Science: Dynamics
- Mechanical Science: Materials Under Load
- Materials and Materials Processing
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 106 other Bachelors in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Offers tend to be in the region of 28 points with relevant subject at level 5 or above
- Please contact Admissions for advice
- 4 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above, including English Language, Maths and a Science
- BTEC level 2 in Science at grade M will be accepted as an alternative to GCSE Science at grade C/4
- Applicants can expect to receive offers including specific grades in specific subjects (for example, a B or C at A level, or an M or D for BTEC modules)
- Key Skills (and other level 2 variants) and First Certificates/Diplomas are not accepted in place of GCSE passes
- Overseas applicants please check our English Language Requirements
- Interviews will take place on an ad-hoc basis should the Course Manager wish to discuss any aspect of your application and for all potentially suitable applicants who require visa sponsorship.
International11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP per year during 48 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.