Why Choose this Course?
The Television Production and Technology (Hons) course from Wrexham Glyndwr University, which focuses on exploring current and emerging technologies applicable to still and moving image production, is different to many as students can engage in the day-to-day operation of the production facility, extending student participation beyond the lecture theatre.
Students will also develop a theoretical and practical understanding across a range of skills in pre-production, production and post-production.
The course centres around the use of the university’s television studio where students explore single and multi-camera filmmaking in addition to lighting and acquisition for visual effects work. It is designed to teach and develop skills across disciplines and covers a broad range of technologies that will help in the development of your own portfolio.
As well as the television studio, the course is built around the practical use of the university’s Centre for the Creative Industries and its wide range of facilities. The centre is home to BBC Cymru in North East Wales.
The Careers & Zone at Wrexham Glyndŵr University is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
This course will give you the training and expertise to work within one of the many exciting areas of the media broadcast industries. You will develop a variety of skills that will enhance your employability, including skills in:
- Research -we have students who have progressed into FE and HE teaching, also taking research degrees.
- Communication - students have taken careers within galleries and audio installation.
- Use of technology - this course gives a wide range of technological opportunity with skills that transfer across a range of creative areas.
- Ability to collaborate - we have placed students at major festivals in Europe
- Project design and management
Careers opportunities include:
- Broadcasting - We have a range of successful broadcasters working for national companies in pre-production, production and post-production.
- Video Production - Establishing their own or working for independent producers on a variety of projects for a wide range of clients.
- Post-production - Video editing and compositing skills are developed throughout the degree and offer a strong foothold for VFX and other Post Production roles.
- Photography - Image capture, both still and video is at the heart of the curriculum and students have gone on to produce a range of photographic work.
- Production and Studio Management - Many opportunities exist for graduated to use their skills for project management and other client commissions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Single Camera Production
- Multi-Camera Production
- Audio Visual Science
- Lighting and Colour
- Creative Futures
- Media Technology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Media Studies & Mass Media View 672 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11750 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.