Why Choose this Course?
A health visitor or school nurse is a qualified nurse or midwife with post-registration experience who has undertaken further education and training to become qualified in child health, health promotion, public health and education
Health visiting and school nursing play a key role in the evolving public health environment and this is an excellent opportunity for those with the motivation to develop a career in this field.
- The Careers & Zone at Wrexham Glyndwr University is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
- This Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Hons) BSc programme from Wrexham Glyndwr University will give you the necessary qualifications needed to progress your career to either a health visitor or school nurse.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Family approaches to health for health visitors and school nurses
- Individual approaches to health for health visitors and school nurses
- Population approaches to health for health visitors and school nurses
- Leadership in health care practice
- Research Methods in Health and Social Care or Process of Enquiry
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 366 other Bachelors in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
- A scanned copy of your passport (including personal details page).
- Certificates and transcripts showing your academic progression so far.
- Certified translations of overseas certificates and transcripts where the document is not in English or Welsh.
- An acceptable English language certificate.
- Copy of Tuberculosis screening if you are a resident in any of the countries listed. More information about Tuberculosis screening can be found here.
- 2 x academic reference letters (further references might be required).
- Evidence of finances to pay first year’s full tuition fee and to cover UKVI maintenance requirements.
- Evidence of work experience (where relevant).
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11750 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Wrexham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.