Why Choose this course?
This Sound Technology (with Foundation Year) (Hons) course is based on exploring current and emerging technologies relating to audio production, and how these can be used to create music and sound for many applications. To achieve this we have a range of high quality studios and performance spaces on campus that act as catalysts for the creative application of technology.
As well as the studio spaces, the course makes full use of the facilities in the Centre for the Creative Industries.
The Careers & Zone at Wrexham Glyndŵr University is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
This Sound Technology (with Foundation Year) (Hons) course from Wrexham Glyndwr University will give you a high level of knowledge and expertise in Music Technology and associated subject areas. The career destinations for graduates are quite broad and are usually dependent upon the student’s individual interests and specialisms. Because of the broad skill set that is provided by the degree, graduates have also progressed into wider career paths. These have ranged from corporate roles in banking and commerce to many types of self-employed status.
Many graduates pursue career paths within the core specialism of Music Technology or associated fields. These have included:
- Touring Sound - Front of house or monitor engineering, systems engineering, stage management, instrument technicians, stage technicians, self-employed operators
- Event Management – Festivals, small/large scale venue management, tour managing
- Audio Visual Technicians – Freelance, corporate and also educational paths
- Theatre – Stage technicians, lighting designers, electricians, stage management
- Teaching - We have many graduates working in further and higher education as well as primary and secondary schools
- Research and development – The course has proved to be a strong base for students progressing onto research degrees. Because of the high level of technical expertise it has also enabled students to work in research and development roles for major audio companies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studio Essentials
- Media Communcation
- Media Culture
- Personal Project
- The Skills You Need
- Contextual Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic General Engineering & Technology View 377 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11750 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.