Drawing upon a wide range of disciplines, including sociology, psychology, philosophy, education, public health and human rights, the Families and Childhood Studies (with foundation year) course from Wrexham Glyndwr University investigates the changing dynamics within childhood, families and communities, equipping critically informed graduates with transferrable skills for employment in a range of sectors. It also offers an alternative route into teaching.
The Careers & Zone at Wrexham Glyndŵr University is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
There are a growing number of careers within the child, family and community sector, and opportunities for further studies, including:
- Sure Start/Flying Start/Home Start
- Women's Aid
- Play Worker
- Police Family Liaison Officer
- Young Carers
- Substance Misuse Support Worker
- Child/Family Worker including supporting young people who have lived with abuse
- Team Around the Family
- Support Worker - young people leaving care
- PGCE (primary)
- PCET (post 16)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Skills for the Workplace
- Child and Adolescent Health and Well-Being
- Risk, Resilience and Recovery
- Children’s Rights in Practice
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Child Development
- Introduction to Health and Well-being
- Introduction to Counselling
- Introduction to Childhood and Youth Studies
- Working with Children, Young People and Families
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science View 26 other Masters in Family & Consumer Science in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11750 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.