At Wrexham Glyndwr University, the Education foundation year will introduce students to the theories of Child Development and how they can be applied and evidenced in practice.
Education and Childhood Studies (with foundation year) students will be given an overview of the concept of health and wellbeing in the early years and the importance of providing a healthy, safe and secure environment for children. You will gain a theoretical and experiental basis of the necessary skills to work with children, young people and families.
Our Careers and Employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
There are a growing number of careers within both education and community settings, and opportunities for further studies, including:
- Primary Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- Lecturer Further/Higher Education (PcET)
- Masters programmes
- Teaching Assistant
- Special Education
- Educational Youth Worker
- Teacher-English as a Foreign Language
- Behavioural/Pastoral Support Worker
- Health promotion Practitioner
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Child Development
- Introduction to Health and Well-being
- Introduction to Counselling
- Introduction to Childhood and Youth Studies
- Working with Children, Young People and Families
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 543 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11750 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.