Combining taught modules and placement experiences in a range of settings, our degree from Wrexham Glyndwr University will enable you to interrelate the policy, theory and practice of learning and teaching for a range of learners. The interdisciplinary approach includes the sociological, historical, psychological, philosophical and contemporary aspects of education.
The Wrexham Glyndwr University Careers & Employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
These Education (ALN and SEN) with foundation year programmes are for those seeking a career in an educational environment (schools and other settings), supporting a wide range of learners. You may wish to:
- become a Teaching Assistant/Learning Support Assistant in either a mainstream setting, a resource provision unit or special school in either the primary, secondary or post-compulsory sectors or join the local authority support services
- progress to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) via a Primary Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- progress to a Post-compulsory Education and Training qualification (PcET)
- progress to other postgraduate study, e.g. a Master’s degree in Education
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Academic Development and Reflective Practice
- Protecting Children and Young People
- Development of Literacy and Numeracy
- Development of Children and Young People
- Introduction to ALN/SEN
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 76 other Masters in Special Education in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11750 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.