The Spanish program of Salve Regina University immerses students in the Spanish language, allowing them to master their speaking, reading and writing skills. Additional coursework explores the heritage and traditions of Spanish-speaking countries and promotes understanding between individuals and nations.
We encourage students to seek new experiences that lead to proficiency in the language, exercise their responsibilities as global citizens and promote meaningful cross-cultural exchange. Students who major in Spanish spend at least one semester studying in a Spanish-speaking country, and internships abroad are supported wherever possible.
With just 11 courses required for the major, students have excellent opportunities to combine their study of Spanish with programs such as global studies, health care administration and management, political science, psychology or social work.
Life After Salve
There are more than 400 million native speakers of Spanish worldwide and more than 37 million U.S. residents speaking Spanish as their first language, making proficiency in the language a desirable asset for careers both at home and abroad.
Our recent alumni are pursuing careers and advanced degrees in fields such as:
- Health care
- Hospitality industry
- International marketing
- Nonprofit organization
- FBI agent
- Foreign service officer
- International business executive
- International development worker
- International relations specialist
- Peace Corps volunteer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate Spanish
- Communication and Cultures
- Spanish American Cultures and Civilizations
- Spanish Culture and Civilization
- Masterpieces of Spanish American Literature
- Masterpieces of Spanish Literature
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 3030 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application and personal statement
- Please submit an official copy of your secondary school transcript (in English) showing the courses and grades/marks you received for the most recent 3-4 years of schooling
- The submission of SAT and/or ACT test scores is optional except for applicants to the nursing and education programs, who must submit official results
- Two letters of recommendation are required
- To confirm the spelling of your name and date of birth, we ask applicants to submit a copy of their passport photo ID page
International42220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21110 USD per semester during 48 months.
National42220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21110 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Newport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.