Computer Networks and Security Students will:
- develop critical skills and cutting edge thinking to gain the confidence to keep up with the fast pace of change in this field
- develop technical knowledge of the installation, operation security, and maintenance of computer systems and networks used in business and industry
- develop industry-critical key skills such as team working, communication and business skills
- have opportunities to work on real-life projects
- learn the fundamentals of data communications and how to apply this knowledge to manage, design, implement, configure and operate secure networks on a professional footing
- learn how to identify a range of significant threats to network security and formulate and implement defence strategies.
- have the opportunity to complete the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) qualification whilst studying for their degree
- have access to Cisco Systems state-of-the-art equipment is used in practical sessions
The Wrexham Glyndwr University Careers & Employability service is there to help you make decisions and plan the next steps towards a bright future. From finding work or further study to working out your interests, skills and aspirations, they can provide you with the expert information, advice and guidance you need.
Computing is essential to most careers these days, however, this course will specifically prepare you for a number of specific industry-related positions such as:
- Network manager
- Network analyst
- Systems administrator
- Computer security specialist
- Other computing-related professions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Server Technology
- Data Communications and Networks
- Responsible Computing
- Computational Thinking
- Computing Maths
- Digital Media Principles
- Student Initiated Module (SIM4)
- Web Technologies
- CCNA R&S - Routing and Switching Essentials
- CCNA R&S Introduction to Networks
- IT Business Graphics
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences IT Security Cyber Security View 90 other Masters in IT Security in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11750 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.