Students on this Computer Game Design and Enterprise course will:
- develop essential game design and business start-up and management skills
- learn about the workings of the games industry and the tools and platforms that are critical to success
- gain valuable experience and insight into the game development process and the management of an independent game studio
- enjoys the benefits of close industry engagement with regular visits, guest speakers, presentations, discussion groups and social events
- work with a personal mentor with games development experience to help develop your skills and knowledge
- have access to our in-house business incubation centre and the latest tools and technology in a specialist game development studio
- develop a professional game development portfolio and critical employability skills
Wrexham Glyndwr University students completing this course may forge successful careers as game designers, games technical artists/animators, level designers/developers, producers, business development officer or scrum masters, app designers/developers.
Our graduates are employed by some of the worlds most recognisable brands such as Ubisoft, Sony, Nintendo, Rockstar and Travellers Tales. We also work hard to support graduates who choose to set up their own games studios based within our innovative business incubation centre.
This course delivers practical skills in 3D modelling, digital sculpting, game design, marketing, business and project management which will qualify you to work in a variety of roles within the industry.
Given the business and entrepreneurship skills acquired on the course, some graduates opt to start their own game studios with the support of our business incubation centre as part the Business Accelerator programme.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Serious Games Technology
- 3D Modelling & Animation
- Digital Marketplace & Publication
- Innovation & Commercialisation
- Group Project Implementation
- Group Project Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Video Games & Multimedia Software Engineering View 494 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Qualifications that will be considered include::
- A/AS levels
- International Baccalaureate
- Scottish Advanced Highers/Highers and Scottish Baccalaureate
- Irish Leaving Certificate
- Access to HE Diplomas
- BTEC qualifications
- Welsh Baccalaureate Advanced Diploma
International11750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11750 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
EU/EEA9000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 GBP per year and a duration of 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.