We prepare teaching candidates to work with students who have a wide range of learning, cognitive, emotional, and physical abilities through practices that nurture and develop equity and inclusion for all students.
Teacher candidates in the Special Education program at the Westminster College Salt Lake City have a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of students and serve as advocates for equity and inclusion.
- In-person instruction is paired with practice in actual school settings, allowing you to learn in a hands-on, collaborative environment.
- Instruction covers the Council for Exceptional Children's high-leverage practices, which can be used to leverage student learning across different content areas, grade levels, and student abilities and disabilities, addressing the most critical practices that every K–12 special education teacher should master.
- Key skills covered in instruction include:
- Evidence-based reading and mathematics instruction
- Progress monitoring
- Standards-based Individualized Education Program (IEP) development
- Functional behavioral assessment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Developmentally Appropriate Teaching and Learning
- Foundations of Education in a Diverse Society
- Teaching with Technology
- English Learners
- Literacy Foundations, Assessment and Instruction
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 480 other Bachelors in Special Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application for admission.
- Personal statement or essay (optional).
- Official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools and any necessary translations.
- International students who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency by submitting official scores from one of four standardized tests: SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS. Test date must be within two years of application for scores to be valid. See English Proficiency Policy below for details.
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or teacher, upon request.
International37960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37960 USD per year during 48 months.
National37960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37960 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.