The Bachelor of Science degree in Economics program at the Westminster College Salt Lake City emphasizes the relation of economics to business. Economics makes an excellent complement to businesses disciplines. The Bachelor of Science degree also offers students the option to enter the MBA program taking one less class than students would have to take otherwise.
An Economics degree also provides basic skills for making economic forecasts, analyzing quantitative data, and doing regression analysis.
- We involve students in real-world applications of theory, such as assessing the value of wilderness or conducting forecasts.
- We offer students the opportunity to do an internship. Many of our students have found internships with the Governor's Office of Planning and Budget, the Department of Natural Resources, and the State Tax Commission, among others.
- Economics at Westminster offers a broader perspective than that found at most other academic institutions. This involves exposing students to the different perspectives within economics as well as honing their quantitative skills.
- Our program offers a strong international component. Three of our economics faculty are from countries outside the US. Moreover, many of our courses deal with important developments ongoing in the world economy: the transition from communism to market-based economies, the market reforms ongoing in China, and a number of special topic courses involving international travel.
- We offer students a choice of one of two tracks: the Bachelor of Science degree or the Bachelor of Arts degree.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Financial Accounting
- Business Fundamentals , Communicating
- Business Fundamentals , Calculating
- Applied Business Math and Modeling
- Business Law and Ethics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Accounting View 1341 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online application for admission.
- Personal statement or essay (optional).
- Official transcripts, academic records, diplomas, national examination results, certificates or degrees received from all secondary, post-secondary, university and/or professional schools and any necessary translations.
- International students who are non-native speakers of English must provide evidence of English language proficiency by submitting official scores from one of four standardized tests: SAT/ACT/TOEFL/IELTS. Test date must be within two years of application for scores to be valid. See English Proficiency Policy below for details.
- Recommendation letter from high school counselor or teacher, upon request.
International37960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37960 USD per year during 48 months.
National37960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37960 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Salt Lake City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.