The Department of Curriculum and Instruction at University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff has as its major function the professional preparation of licensed teachers at the early childhood, middle and secondary levels. The programs lead to the Bachelor of Science degree and Master of Education degree. To meet and carry out these functions, the department offers a strong Teacher Education Preparation Program recognized by the Arkansas Department of Education, the Arkansas Department of Higher Education and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), now its called CAEP.
Additionally the department offers a non-licensure degree program in Rehabilitation Studies and a Special Education Endorsement Program as well.Programs are being revised due to Arkansas Department of Education Teacher Licenses.
Teacher Licenses have changed. Early Childhood Education, PK-4 grades, will no longer be in effect beginning Fall 2015, however, Elementary Education K-6 grades, will return. Special Education as an undergraduate program will become active in Fall 2015. Middle Childhood Education, Grades 4-8, will allow an individual to choose two areas of concentrations from Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science.
Key facts:Teacher Licenses have changed. Early Childhood Education, PK-4 grades, will no longer be in effect beginning Fall 2015, however, Elementary Education, K-6 grades, will return. Special Education as an undergraduate program will become active in Fall 2015. Middle Childhood Education, Grades 4-8, will allow an individual to choose two areas of concentrations from Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Courses included:
- Foundations of Education
- Children's Art
- Public School Music
- Methods and Materials of Elementary PE
- Survey of Exceptional Children
- Modern Elementary Math
- Instructional Media and Technology
- Psychology of Learning and Teaching
- Human Growth and Development
- Fundamentals of Language Arts and Reading
- Classroom Behavior Management
- Children's Literature
- Assessment for Instruction
- Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School
- Teaching Mathematics in the Elementary School
- Teaching Science in the Elementary School
- Cultural Diversity within the School, Family and Community
- Economics for Elementary Teachers
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Prospective students should send applications and transcripts at least one month prior to registration for the semester in which the student expects to enroll.
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 780 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Formal application
- High school transcript (six or seven semesters for preliminary admission)
- Test information and scores (Official ACT/SAT Scores - minimum 15 ACT/810 SAT)
- Shot record showing two doses of the Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccination (MMR) for students born after 1956
- Official college transcripts (if you have taken college classes while in high school)
- Two letters of recommendation (for international students)
- copy of your passport biodata (photo) pagelegal name and permanent home country address (for international students)
- The University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff requires that all international students certify that they have the necessary financial resources to cover the estimated cost of matriculation as set forth on the UAPB Financial Statement (for international students)
International11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11640 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 388 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State5130 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 171 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Pine Bluff
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.