The Public Health program of Wartburg College will provide students with a basic understanding of the five core public health knowledge areas: social and behavioral health, epidemiology, biostatistics, health policy and administration, and environmental health. Through community-based projects, volunteer opportunities, and internships, students will leave understanding the role of public health in assuring health, improving health, and protecting against health threats.
Wartburg’s public health major focuses heavily on the practical experience students can gain through community-based class projects, volunteering opportunities, and internships. Students will be able to relate classroom learning to public health practice, enhancing the overall learning process and preparing them for a rewarding career in public health or to further their academic study in a graduate degree program.
Professionals with a degree in public health can find careers with the government and in the private and public sectors. Some will use the degree as a platform for continuing their education in medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, pharmacy, or advanced studies in the health sciences. According to the Association of Schools of Public Health, the U.S. will be short more than 250,000 public health workers by 2020. Here are just a few ways to use a degree in public health:
- Health care/nursing
- Health education
- International/global health
- Public health law
- Public health veterinary medicine
- Behavioral science
- Environmental health
- Emergency preparedness/response
- Health communications/journalism
- Occupational health
- Consumer safety
- Community planning
- Social work
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Public Health
- Health Statistics
- Public Health Biology
- Health Policy
- Global Health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 1317 other Bachelors in Public Health in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out our online application or the Common Application.
- Transcripts from your secondary school. Please include national exam scores (if applicable).
- ONE test score. This can be TOEFL, IELTS, EIKEN, PTE Academic, ACT, SAT, or Duolingo.
- Financial Documents: International Student Financial Aid Application or CSS Profile.
- Please send a bank statement or official bank letter outlining the amount of money your sponsor or family has available to help fund your education.
International45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
National45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waverly
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.