Why Study History?
History is an ambitious discipline that takes as its subject all of the activities of humanity from its earliest days to the present. Historians try to reconstruct the past based on evidence that includes documents, cultural artifacts, and for more recent history, interviews with people who have memories of the events.
The program of History at the Christian Brothers University is important because it helps you to better understand the world in which you live and the people who inhabit it; history provides you with an explanation of how we got where we are now.
The study of history should leave you with a level-headed and long-term perspective based on the knowledge that the world has always been affected by good and evil, that change is the result of complex and often unpredictable factors, and that the flow of human experience is made up of both continuity and change.
Recent graduates have gone to law school and various Master’s and Doctoral graduate programs. Others have gone directly into careers in teaching, public history, law enforcement, military service, sales, and management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- World Civilizations To 1500
- World Civilizations since 1500
- American Society to 1877
- American Society Since 1877
- Ancient Civilization
- Topics in History
- Ancient Civilization
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHistory View 1933 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To be considered for admission for the upcoming Fall or Spring semester, you must submit a formal electronic or paper-based application to the Office of Admissions and pay the $100 application fee.
- SEND OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS: You must include all international supplemental documents in order for your application to be considered complete.
- CERTIFICATE OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT: All persons or agencies providing assistance to the applicant must complete this form. The bank statement(s) must be on official bank letterhead showing the availability of funds
- International students who have attended another college or university outside of the US will need to have their transcripts evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
International33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 USD per semester during 48 months.
National33900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16950 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Memphis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.