Neuroscientists study how the brain and nervous system work. If you’re interested in why people or animals do what they do, how they do it, and what happens when those processes go awry, neuroscience may be the field for you.
Because neuroscience is a broad field, students majoring in the Neuroscience program of Wartburg College have the opportunity to focus on their own areas of interest through advanced research courses and diverse electives.
Neuroscience majors can pursue careers in neuroscience research, medicine, physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychiatry, pharmacology, cognitive psychology, robotics, science writing, and many, many more fields.
Upon graduation, you will be well-positioned to choose between going on to earn a graduate degree and finding a career in the field. Here are just a few of the opportunities those with a neuroscience degree can pursue.
- Neurologist, neurosurgeon, and other doctors
- Psychiatrist or counselor
- Physical therapist
- Occupational therapist
- Speech therapist
- Physician assistant/nurse practitioner
- Scientist with pharmaceutical company
- Consultant for language-learning software firm or other education-based software
- Epidemiologist studying causes of neurological disorders
- Lab technician
- Academic research scientist
- College professor
- High school teacher
- Public health worker
- Outreach for nonprofit focusing on a specific neurological disorder
- Science writer
- Medical sales
- Governmental policy
- Habitat designer at a zoo
- Mental health lawyer
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Methods of Neuroscience Research
- Research Methods and Data Analysis for the Behavioral Sciences
- Advanced Neuropsychology
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPsychology Neuroscience Cognitive Sciences View 533 other Bachelors in Cognitive Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Fill out our online application or the Common Application.
- Transcripts from your secondary school. Please include national exam scores (if applicable).
- ONE test score. This can be TOEFL, IELTS, EIKEN, PTE Academic, ACT, SAT, or Duolingo.
- Financial Documents: International Student Financial Aid Application or CSS Profile.
- Please send a bank statement or official bank letter outlining the amount of money your sponsor or family has available to help fund your education.
International45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
National45200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waverly
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.