Adolescence Education and Special Education of College of Saint Rose equally integrates the field of special education and general education in order to prepare pre-service teachers (often called “candidates”) with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are needed to help all students learn, especially those with unique learning needs.
With each education course, a pre-service candidate can usually expect to spend at least 10 hours in the schools completing embedded field hour assignments. Over the course of the program, candidates spend over 150 hours conducting school-based field hours. Candidates must also complete courses in one major concentration area (Math, Science, Social Studies, or English) plus liberal education classes, which are requirements for teaching in New York State.
The College of Saint Rose is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Adolescent Psychology & Development
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Psychology/Instructional Technology
- Including Pupils with Disabilities in General Education Classrooms
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Methods of Teaching English, Foreign Language, Mathematics, Science,
- and Social Studies in the Secondary School
- Foundations of Education
- Literacy and Literature in Middle and
- Secondary Schools
- Violence Prevention Workshop
- Child Abuse and Abduction Prevention Workshop
- HIV/AIDS and Communicable Diseases and Safety
- Education Workshop
- Substance Abuse Education
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
15 nov - priority deadline
DisciplinesEducation View 3332 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Saint Rose accepts the Common Application or use the Saint Rose online application.
- Official High School Transcripts
- Official Transcripts for any College Level Courses
- Letter of Recommendation from a Counselor or Teacher
- SAT or ACT scores (See Test Optional FAQ’s)
- Essay or Graded Paper (Optional)
- Music and Art applicants are required to complete an audition or portfolio review.
International33152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33152 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
National33152 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33152 USD per year and a duration of 60 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.