The Communication and Media Studies major at the Washington College builds upon a foundation of communication and media theory and draws from multiple disciplines to enable students to study a wide range of topics and develop the quantitative, qualitative, and interpretive skills necessary to engage in original research.
- CMS is an interdisciplinary, versatile, and flexible major that pushes students to expand their understanding of human communication, culture, and social institutions.
- The knowledge, understanding, and skills that students acquire in the CMS major are essential in developing future work in any number of fields —from grassroots organizations, to global media companies, to the world of politics, and everything in-between.
- Importantly, communications and media studies in a liberal arts environment allows students to wield their knowledge to produce civically responsible and ethical change. Communication and media are collaborative forces that construct our social world, and a CMS degree gives students a unique edge to positively impact that world.
Most recently effective June 26, 2014, Washington College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
- Introduction to Communication and Media Studies
- Intermediate Communication and Media Theory
- Research Methods in Communication and Media Studies
- Seven (7) additional courses in the chosen concentration, at least four (4) at the 300-400 level
- Senior Capstone Experience
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 935 other Bachelors in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript and/or Final exam results
- SAT/ACT/IELTS/TOEFL/Duolingo English Test/ PTE scores (see below)
- Counselor/ Teacher recommendation
- Resume (optional)
- Personal essay
International48678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48678 USD per year during 48 months.
National48678 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48678 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Chestertown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.