The Women’s and Gender Studies Department explores the diverse experiences, contributions, and perspectives of women and men, offers an interdisciplinary approach to the examination of the cultural construction of gender, and provides a feminist critique of dominant power relationships in the global community (familial, social, economic, and political), as well as an opportunity to manifest Berea College’s commitment to gender equity.
Participants in the Women’s and Gender Studies program of Berea College not only learn about gender experience from a variety of disciplines, but also directly apply their knowledge in the framework of an internship or directed study. Women’s and Gender Studies students also gain professional experience through Berea College’s Labor Program as teaching associates or as workers in the office of Women’s and Gender Studies.
The Interdisciplinary Academic Department offers both a major and a minor program in Women’s and Gender Studies.
Women's & Gender Studies Student Learning Goals & Outcomes
- Learning Goal 1: Thinking critically about gender, patriarchy, and interracial feminism
- Learning Goal 2: Hone Writing and Research Skills for Interdisciplinary Gender Analysis
- Learning Goal 3: Global Awareness and Appreciation for Diversity
- Learning Goal 4: Develop Feminist Leadership Skills and Personal Empowerment
- Learning Goal 5: Personal Responsibility to undertake Social Action
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Western Civilization II: Studies in Gender
- Riding the Waves of Feminism
- Classic Texts in Women's & Gender
- Human Sexuality
- Queer Theory
- Women & Health
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesGender & Sexuality Studies View 378 other Bachelors in Gender & Sexuality Studies in United States
- International Application for Admission and Scholarship form.
- International Personal Essay and Essay Cover Sheet.
- Copy of official secondary school records.
- Personal Statement of Financial Circumstances.
- International Financial Questionnaire (IFQ).
- International Financial Recommendation Form.
- Two (2) Admission Recommendation forms, at least one of which should be written by a current or former teacher.
- Copy of official scores from at least one of the following exams: TOEFL, IELTS, ACT or SAT.
International44100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22050 USD per semester during 48 months.
National44100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22050 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Berea
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.