In addition to in-depth technical training, the Dance Education curriculum offered by Meredith College explores the history of dance as an art form and prepares students to write, speak, research and think critically and creatively about dance. Students will be able to apply artistic, intellectual and physical knowledge of dance to a variety of professional settings.
Students who study dance education or private studio teaching have high placement rates for full-time work in public schools and private studios. Many of our students choose to combine their training in dance with the study of other fields such as psychology, sociology, pre-physical therapy and theatre. Such programs of study are excellent preparation for graduate programs or for using dance in psychological, community or medical applications.
- Movement Improvisation
- Perspectives in Dance
- Dance in Society
- Ballet II
- Modern II
- Jazz II
- Dance Composition I
- Movement Analysis
- Methods of Research in Dance
- Dance Repertory
- Western Theatrical Dance
- Theory & Approaches to Dance Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Theatre & Dance View 2619 other Bachelors in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete fully and return the Meredith College application for admission, along with the $40 application fee.
- Have the appropriate school official(s) forward an official copy of the secondary-school record, complete with a listing of courses taken, grades obtained, credit received and rank in class; college or university transcript(s) if the student has taken any advanced work
- If the student’s native language or primary language of instruction is English, take the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) of The College Board.
- Send a school official recommendation and an academic teacher recommendation.
- Students who are submitting university transcripts must also provide an independent course-by-course evaluation
International42660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42660 USD per year during 48 months.
National42660 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42660 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Raleigh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.