In addition to music theory, ear training, keyboard skills, and music history, practical courses, such as Music Video Production, the Business of Music, Approaches to Music Education, Applied Desktop Recording, and Psychophysiology of Music Performance, give this program an experiential dimension rarely found in traditional music programs.
The Bachelor of Music in Musical Arts degree of Kwantlen Polytechnic University fosters students' creativity and versatility, equipping them to adapt to changing market demands and to apply learned theory and practice in a variety of cultural and service sectors.
It is highly recommended that prospective music students attend a music information session where all program and application procedures will be explained.
Students who demonstrate musical talent but have not established a thorough grounding in the practical skills and general knowledge of music at the appropriate level may be given the opportunity to register in one or more foundation courses to upgrade specific musical and technical skills.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- History of Music: Cornerstones of Music History
- History of Music: Heroes, Politics, and War
- History of Music: Music and the Arts
- History of Music: Challenging the Conventions of Music
- Music Rudiments
- Songwriting and Arranging
- Music Technology
- History of Popular Music
- Classical Music in Western Culture
- Studio Lessons
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History View 37 other Masters in Music History in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Faculty's Admission Requirements, which consist of KPU's undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement, apply to this program.
- All applicants to undergraduate studies must satisfy KPU's Undergraduate English Proficiency Requirement through an acceptable High school course, undergraduate course, KPU course, or testing option.
International572 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 572 CAD per credit during 48 months.
National139 CAD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 CAD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Surrey
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.