We offer a bachelor degree in Nutritional Sciences. If you’re enrolled in the College of Human Ecology, you will draw on your preparation in chemistry, biology and math to prepare for a career in many nutrition-related fields, including medicine and other health careers, research, fitness and sports nutrition, nutrition counseling, clinical nutrition, dietetics, nutritional biochemistry, community nutrition and nutrition education.
At Cornell University, if you’re in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, your work in nutrition will be combined with coursework in food systems, agriculture and the life sciences. You likely will supplement the core nutrition curriculum with courses in such areas as food policy, food science, animal and plant sciences, business and economics, and environmental sciences to prepare for a career in a nutrition-related field.
Nutritional Sciences draws upon biology, chemistry and the social sciences to answer such questions as:
How do dietary patterns influence the health and well-being of individuals, communities and populations?
- What are the biological mechanisms through which nutrients affect metabolism?
- What are recommended dietary patterns for people of different activity levels and medical conditions?
- How can people be encouraged to adopt and maintain healthy eating patterns?
- What are the roles of government and business in providing accessible, healthy food supplies and in promoting healthy eating practices?
- Nutrition, Health and Society
- Social Science Perspectives on Food and Nutrition
- Physicochemical and Biological Aspects of Foods
- Nutrient Metabolism
- Methods in Nutritional Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nutrition & Dietetics Biochemistry View 2140 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Cornell University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The Common Application (CA)
- The School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- The Midyear Report, when your mid-year grades are available
- Official secondary/high school transcript
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Cornell University Questions and Writing Supplement (CA) or Cornell Supplement (UCA)
- Items that are required by the Cornell undergraduate college or school to which you’ve applied: Interviews or portfolio and design submissions.
International62456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62456 USD per year during 48 months.
National62456 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 62456 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State41958 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 41958 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.