Whether oriented toward eventual graduate or professional work in music or a more general approach, you can choose among courses from medieval chant to hip-hop, from classical-era European music to the musics of Latin America and Africa, from electroacoustic music to musical systems from around the globe.
This bachelor degree in Music is offered at Cornell University. We also offer opportunities for performers through individual instruction in piano, violin, voice, percussion and other instruments, as well as through participation in our diverse instrumental ensembles.
Top Employment Sectors
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Hip Hop from a Global Perspective
- Thinking with Music
- Bach and Handel
- Computers in Music Performance
- History and Culture
- Performance and Lessons
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 1286 other Bachelors in Music History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Common Application (CA)
- The School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- The Midyear Report, when your mid-year grades are available
- Official secondary/high school transcript
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Cornell University Questions and Writing Supplement (CA) or Cornell Supplement (UCA)
- Items that are required by the Cornell undergraduate college or school to which you’ve applied: Interviews or portfolio and design submissions.
International60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 48 months.
National60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State40382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40382 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.