If you want to emphasize literature in your course work, take the comparative literary studies track; if you’re interested in studying literature and theory by integrating rigorous work in film, video or other arts and media, take the literary, visual and media studies track.
This bachelor degree in Comparative Literature is offered at Cornell University. The major’s broad range of courses provides a critical and historical perspective on world literature and cultures.
Top Employment Sectors
- Nonprofit Organization
- Financial Services
- Methods of Comparison
- Senior Essay (first semester)
- Critical Theory
- Literary Theory on the Edge
- Theory and Practice of Translation.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 3034 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Common Application (CA)
- The School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- The Midyear Report, when your mid-year grades are available
- Official secondary/high school transcript
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Cornell University Questions and Writing Supplement (CA) or Cornell Supplement (UCA)
- Items that are required by the Cornell undergraduate college or school to which you’ve applied: Interviews or portfolio and design submissions.
International60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 48 months.
National60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State40382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40382 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.