At Cornell University, the bachelor degree program in Architecture balances the intensity of a professional education with opportunities to use the resources of a world-class university. The faculty of the department of architecture have developed a highly structured and intensive curriculum, one that emphasizes design, as well as theory, history, technology, representation, and structures.
Basic conceptual skills are emphasized early on, along with introducing the fundamental skills of architecture. Students learn to communicate ideas through models and drawings, working fluidly and seamlessly between all modes of both analog and digital representation.
All students spend their first three years following a core curriculum designed to lay a strong foundation for architectural education and beyond. During the final four semesters, students are encouraged to work across disciplines focusing on an intellectually rigorous and speculative course of study.
Concentrations in architecture are offered in Architecture, Culture, and Society; Architectural Science and Technology; History of Architecture; Architectural Analysis; and Visual Representation in Architecture.
- Representation: Freehand Architectural Drawing
- Environmental Systems: Site and Sustainability
- History of Architecture
- Out-of-College Elective (First-Year Writing Seminar suggested)
- Representation: Media of Representation
- Structural Concepts
- History of Architecture
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Graphic Design View 405 other Bachelors in Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Common Application (CA)
- The School Report
- Counselor Recommendation
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- The Midyear Report, when your mid-year grades are available
- Official secondary/high school transcript
- $80 application fee or fee waiver
- Cornell University Questions and Writing Supplement (CA) or Cornell Supplement (UCA)
- Items that are required by the Cornell undergraduate college or school to which you’ve applied: Interviews or portfolio and design submissions.
International60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 60 months.
National60286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60286 USD per year during 60 months.
In-State40382 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40382 USD per year during 60 months.
Living costs for Ithaca
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.