While Science and Technology Studies at Saint Thomas University is a new field and is growing fast in popularity, there are only two universities in Canada offering STS and St. Thomas is the one where students will get a hands-on liberal arts approach.
STS students are offered the critical tools for re-shaping our human engagements with science and technology in productive, democratic, and sustainable ways. Students learn about the intimate connection between the development of human civilization and technological change. Students examine the role of science in modern society. And students are given skills not only to understand the relationship between science and society, but also to make change: to communicate science, for example, and to develop rudimentary science policies.
The skills developed through the study of Science and Technology Studies prepare students for professions in politics, journalism, medicine, and the law, among else. Graduates have gone on to careers in public service, communications, business, education, and others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Biology
- Everyday Chemistry
- Science, Technology and Society
- Food, Science & Sustainability
- Science and Technology in World History: From Pre-History to 1543
- Science and Technology in World History: From 1543 to the Present
- Science, Technology and War
- Science, Technology and Innovation
- Plagues and Peoples
- Energy and Society
- Animals: Rights, Consciousness, and Experimentation
- Human Anatomy
- History of Life Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNatural Sciences General Engineering & Technology Actuarial Science View 69 other Masters in Natural Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have your official transcript sent from your high school to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to a high school transcript, international applicants whose primary language is not English must also arrange to have an official copy of their English proficiency scores sent directly to the Admissions Office. The St. Thomas University ETS institution code is 0803. International applicants who indicate that they are Permanent Residents must provide a photocopy of their official Permanent Resident cards.
International16389 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16389 CAD per year during 48 months.
National7292 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7292 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.