The Romance Languages department at Saint Thomas University is comprised of dynamic and devoted faculty responsible for delivering ambitious programs both in second language acquisition and French and Spanish literary and cultural studies.
Due to its association with Francophone, Hispanic, and Italianate worlds, all having immeasurable intellectual and artistic impacts on the development of Western culture and humanism, the Romance Languages Department has a pivotal role to play in a liberal arts curriculum. The Department’s mission contributes directly to enhancing the goals of a liberal arts education that St. Thomas University seeks to promote.
Our department seeks to foster global citizens by exposing students to the diversity of Francophone, Hispanic, and Italianate worlds via the study of literature, cultural media, cinema, and art. The strong focus that our programs place on the acquisition of advanced and superior levels of second-language literacy development (listening, speaking, reading, and writing) result in an increased awareness of the crucial role communication skills—oral and written—play in developing and expressing complex ideas and arguments. Courses in French, Spanish, and to a certain level Italian, offer rigorous programs in oral communication, grammar, composition, translation, literature, and cultural studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Le franais pour dbutants
- Langue Francaise
- Decouverte de la Prose et du Cinema
- Decouverte de la posie et du thtre
- Textes: la Francophonie
- Grammaire du franais
- Conversational French
- Communication orale
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature Linguistics View 174 other Masters in Language Studies in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have your official transcript sent from your high school to the Admissions Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to a high school transcript, international applicants whose primary language is not English must also arrange to have an official copy of their English proficiency scores sent directly to the Admissions Office. The St. Thomas University ETS institution code is 0803. International applicants who indicate that they are Permanent Residents must provide a photocopy of their official Permanent Resident cards.
International16389 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16389 CAD per year during 48 months.
National7292 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7292 CAD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fredericton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.