You can choose from the following three pathways on the Specialist Community Public Health Nursing course offered by Brunel University London :
You’ll learn to promote health and the prevention of ill health in a proactive and innovative way. This can be applied to individual, group and community levels within the context of national and international considerations.
Occupational Health Nursing
This course covers health and safety at work, risk assessment, management of occupational disease and the promotion of physical and psychological health among the workforce.
If you choose this pathway, you’ll be eligible for free membership to Inspiring Occupational Health (iOH). Benefits include a wide range of services including full access to the iOH website, support line, subsidised events, networking opportunities and access to exclusive iOH publications for one year.
School NursingThis course will prepare you to lead a school nursing team of variable skill mix, to promote school health and meet the health-related needs of children and adolescents at school and their families and carers.For Occupational Health Nursing, you should apply direct to Brunel. For Health Visiting and School Nursing, you should apply via NHS jobs. See Apply Now button.
This course is accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC), granting a licence to practise.
- The Application of Evidence for SCPHN Practice
- Mental Health and Well-being
- Developing Specialist Community Public Health Nursing Practice
- Health Promotion and Public Health Leadership
- Consolidated Practice
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 366 other Bachelors in Nursing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Qualified nurse with active registration on the NMC Nursing Register part one or two (NMC PIN number should be provided within the application). Two satisfactory references of which one should be an employment reference.
- All applicants are required to be interviewed to ascertain their professional readiness to undertake the programme.
- Accreditation of Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) is available for students with insufficient credits to be considered on the BSc course. Students are assessed on an individual basis.
International19855 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19855 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK/EU: 4,625 GBP part-time
- Overseas: 9,925 GBP (part-time)
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.