Photography from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will prepare you with the skills and knowledge you need to reach your goals as a visual artist. You'll study the latest techniques, learn about camera formats, lighting, and photo styling, and become proficient in both digital and analog technologies. Frequent critiques help you identify your strengths and weaknesses, shaping your identity as an individual creative artist.
Graduates with Photography from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- recognize, analyze, and adapt contemporary themes in art and photography;
- produce a cohesive group of photographs that demonstrate aesthetic and conceptual development;
- create and maintain a web presence for distributing, promoting, and developing visual art work;
- utilize image capture and compositing techniques to produce photographs in that effectively communicate specific concepts and themes;
- create time-based multimedia/video projects;
- develop and execute a production strategy and schedule for a long-term photography project;
- discuss and write about a body of work in the context of contemporary and historical art and photography; and
- conceive of and execute an exhibition of a specific body of work.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Photographic Concepts and Exhibition
- Digital Production Strategies
- Contemporary Photography and New Media
- Media Integration for Photo and Video
- Digital Editing for Film and Video
- Specialized Writing and Thesis Preparation
- Advanced Photography and Video Workshop
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Art History View 1145 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 48 months.
- In-state: $3,585 per semester
- Out-of-state: $10,846 per semester
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.