This programme will help to develop underlying knowledge and skills appropriate for today’s digital communication systems including introduction to standardised systems.
You’ll gain a good understanding of the different engineering areas, giving you the opportunity to learn more about the fundamental engineering subjects such as design, structures, materials, fluid mechanics, electronics and maths and gain skills in technical drawing.
By specialising in communication systems you’ll develop in-depth knowledge of communication systems and apply techniques on individual programmes.
Access is available to modern technical facilities including computer, electronics, and power and control laboratories where you’ll work on your experiments. The latest industry standard engineering software packages are available for you to use in dedicated computer clusters.
Careers and your future
An Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Communications Systems) degree from Brunel University London will give you the design, analytical and creative skills to play a leading role in the dynamic and rapidly expanding technological industries.
Opting for the year in industry during your engineering degree often leads to an offer of an electronic engineering job from your placement company.
Brunel’s closeness to the highest concentration of the UK’s information engineering and telecommunications industry – in London and along the M4 corridor – means our placement and careers network is second to none.
Our graduates have gone on to work for high-profile multinational organisations including IBM, Intel, Microsoft, National Grid and Siemens.
- Engineering Mathematics and Programming
- Engineering Practice
- Engineering Systems and Energy
- Engineering Mechanics and Materials
- Electronic Devices and Systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Communications Engineering View 23 other Bachelors in Communications Engineering in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- GCE A-level BBB including grade B in Maths and grade B in one of the following subjects; Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Geography, Geology, Environmental Science, Environment Studies, Computer Science, Electronics or Design and Technology (Use of Maths and General Studies not accepted).
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma (QCF) D*DD in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, with Distinctions in Further Mathematics for Technicians and Further Mechanical or Electrical Principles modules.
International20450 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20450 GBP per year during 36 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 36 months.
- EU applicants will have the same tuition fees as UK students
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.