The study of literature deepens students’ understanding of the questions at the center of human experience. English Students extend their range of experience and cultural understanding by examining stories that represent a variety of points of view and historical perspectives, learning, in the process, how to tell compellling stories of their own.
At the same time, English majors at Marymount University develop a variety of marketable skills with applications in a wide range of fields: skills in close reading, analysis, argument, critical thinking, research, and strong storytelling skills both orally and in writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Elements of Literary Study
- Literary Theory and Practice
- Introduction to Visual and Cultural Studies
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority deadline - 1 March
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Literature View 2810 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
All applicants must submit the following items to be considered for admission:
- a completed application form with the nonrefundable application fee of $40
- the recommendation form completed by a high school counselor or other appropriate school official
- evidence of graduation or expected graduation from an accredited high school (Marymount will also consider on a case-by-case basis students who have participated in an approved home-school program)
- a high school transcript showing academic performance and a minimum of 15 high school credits in preparatory courses
International34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
National34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Arlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.