Nursing is about supporting people’s health and wellbeing throughout their lives. The professional nurse’s role is to protect, promote, and enhance the health of individuals, families and communities to improve their quality of life.
During Nursing program offered by the Tampere University of Applied Sciences , the latest research and evidence-based nursing practices will be integrated with hands-on professional skills.
As the studies proceed, you will focus on medical-surgical nursing preparing you for a nursing career in acute and long-term health care, social welfare organisations, international positions or as an entrepreneur.
The curriculum is based on EU directives and the qualification complies with the European standards. As a Bachelor of Health Care, you will have many further educational opportunities in Finland and abroad.
Nurses work in all different sectors and levels of health care in Finland. Medical-surgical field of nursing is vast, covering acute and long-term health care facilities, social welfare organisations, and international positions in the field or as an entrepreneur.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Studies are divided into three stages: initial, middle, and advanced. Initial stage studies consist of modules Theoretical Basics of Nursing, The Basics of Competence in Professional Nursing, and Basics of Pharmacotherapy and Fluid Therapy.
- Middle stage studies include modules Outpatient Health Care and Gerontological Nursing, Medical Nursing, Surgical and Perioperative Nursing, Women, Families and Children as Nursing Clients, and Mental Health and Substance Abuse Nursing.
- Advanced professional studies consist of theory courses Nursing of Chronic Diseases and Acute Care Nursing, and clinical trainings.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHuman Medicine Nursing
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This programme does not require an IELTS and/or TOEFL test. The admissions process of the programme includes its own language assessment component.
- Eligibility for the degree programme is given by the general eligibility for bachelor’s degrees in universities of applied sciences in Finland.
- When applying to TAMK's Bachelor's Degree Programme in Nursing you must have at least skills level B1 in Finnish language.
- Sufficient English language skills are also required for degree programmes conducted in English. English language skills will be evaluated as part of the entrance exam.
- Those applying to study in the field of Health Care and Social Services must have a state of health and functional capacity on a sufficient level to be capable of completing practical assignments and work placement periods as part of the studies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9800 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9800 EUR per year and a duration of 42 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 42 months.
Bachelor level programmes
- 50% Early Bird -scholarship waiver, if study place acceptance is done within 7 days (incl. payment of first installment of tuition fee)
- Academic Award -scholarship waivers 25% - 50% based on credits gained and Finnish language skills test
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.