Philosophy at Marymount University prepares you to be able to answer to the following questions: Does it matter if someone believes in God? Does the suffering of animals matter to our choices about what to eat or wear? Should the suffering of a complete stranger matter just as much as the suffering of someone I know and care for? Are the claims of science and religion compatible or there is some underlying tension between them? Is the mind the same thing as the brain?
Graduates with Philosophy at Marymount University will be ready for:
- communicating with other people who don’t share your worldview;
- resolving disagreements;
- expressing your thoughts clearly in speech and in writing,
- understanding why you and others think and act as they do;
- interpreting difficult-to-comprehend materials and explaining them clearly to others
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Modern Logic
- Social and Political Philosophy
- Animals, the Environment, and Ethics
- Contemporary Philosophy: 19th-21st Century
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority deadline - 1st March
DisciplinesHistory Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 891 other Masters in Philosophy & Ethics in United States
- Official transcripts and translations in English
- Official Test Scores
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency
- Average GPA of 3.26 on a 4.0 scale
- Completed application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- One letter of recommendation is required; preferably from a school counselor or teacher
- One personal essay is required, the topic is your choice
International34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
National34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Arlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.