Theology and Religious Studies from Marymount University aims to develop in students a critical understanding of basic religious beliefs and their embodiment in dynamic religious traditions. The approach to the discipline is critical and analytic, examining the principle foundations of Christian theology.
As a Catholic university, Marymount offers courses that examine the richness of the Catholic faith and its theological heritage. Additional studies provide opportunities to compare tenets among the major world religions.
Some Theology and Religious Studies majors pursue graduate studies and have gone on to prestigious institutions of higher learning such as The Catholic University of America and Wesley Theological Seminary.
Graduates with Theology and Religious Studies from Marymount University will be able to:
- Solve problems creatively, both individually and in collaboration with others
- Produce coherent, clear, and well-organized writing for a variety of audiences and purposes
- Adopt a variety of argumentative positions in both oral and written forms
- Think flexibly, understand a topic from a variety of perspectives, and adapt modes of thinking to new circumstances
- Imagine situations beyond their own experience, express empathy and ethical values through their writing, and value the range of human experience
- Synthesize information from a variety of sources and draw appropriate conclusions
- Present material effectively before peers and faculty
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theological Inquiry
- Understanding Religion
- Religions of the World
- Christian Faith in the Modern World
- The Religion of the Old Testament
- Religious Approaches to Death
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Priority deadline - 1st March
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Christian Studies Islamic Studies View 27 other Masters in Islamic Studies in United States
- Official transcripts and translations in English
- Official Test Scores
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency
- Average GPA of 3.26 on a 4.0 scale
- Completed application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- One letter of recommendation is required; preferably from a school counselor or teacher
- One personal essay is required, the topic is your choice
International34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
National34200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Arlington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.