The Geological Sciences BSc program from University of Texas at Austin serves as a professional degree for students planning careers as geologists, geophysicists, or teachers, as well as for those planning to pursue graduate work in the geosciences or a profession such as law or business.
Careers are available in the petroleum and related energy industries, resource evaluation, mineral exploration, geologic hazard monitoring, environmental control and reclamation, building foundation evaluation, groundwater contamination studies, soil testing, regional planning, watershed management, climate modeling, and college or secondary school teaching. Graduates may also work in state or federal agencies, in universities or museums, with consulting firms, or with service companies to the energy and mineral industries.
- Computational Applications in the Geosciences
- Structural Geology
- Earth Materials
- Sedimentary Rocks
- Field and Stratigraphic Methods
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Environmental Sciences View 599 other Bachelors in Earth Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The online application
- Application fee
- Short Answers: Answer the required short answer prompts in your ApplyTexas or Coalition for College application.
- Your high school transcript(s): If you are an international applicant, you must submit documentation showing that you have completed an accredited secondary school series equivalent to that of a U.S. high school. Submit an official record or transcript (mark sheet) that shows all your secondary school work and grades (or marks) starting with ninth grade and continuing through at least the end of 11th grade. You should also include copies of your official final examinations taken at the end of the secondary school program, including external exams such as the General Certificate of Education (GCE) “O” and “A” level examinations, school leaving certificates and matriculation exams.
- Any college transcript(s)
- Test scores
- Permanent resident card
International41982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20991 USD per semester during 48 months.
National41982 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20991 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State11710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5855 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Austin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.