Learn the fundamental and multidisciplinary knowledge of population health through hands-on courses that provide real world experiences via the following methods:
- Service-learning and internships with community partners
- International opportunities
- Student-led, faculty-guided research projects in the Senior Capstone.
The Global Public Health curriculum at the Dominican University of California is designed to help graduates secure professional jobs or admission to graduate school. By graduation, the program’s students are prepared to:
- Assess the health and well-being of individuals, communities, and populations
- Conduct evidence-based research in global public health
- Design and evaluate public health programs
- Effectively advocate as ethical leaders and global citizens
- Effectively communicate in oral, written, electronic, and visual forms to engage diverse audiences in global public health issues
Students receiving a degree in Global Public Health are prepared for a range of careers in health education, epidemiology, international health, environmental health, maternal and child health, public health and medical research, clinic and nonprofit management, health informatics and more.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Scientific Writing
- Foundations Of Global Public Health
- Survey Of Health Professions
- Human Health and Disease
- Social Determinants Of Health
- Health Behavior
- US Health Policy
- Health Education and Promotion
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Health Sciences View 2960 other Bachelors in Biology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Write your personal essay.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Ask your high school to send your transcripts (grades 9-11) to Dominican.
- Decide whether to submit your test scores. Please note — while Dominican is test optional for most, homeschooled students are required to submit SAT or ACT test scores.
- Decide whether to submit a letter of recommendation. Please note — for most students, a letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community leader is optional. Only nursing majors are required to submit letters of recommendation.
- International students from countries where English is not an official language must demonstrate English proficiency.
International48606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48606 USD per year during 48 months.
National48606 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 48606 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.