Boreal Forest and Wildlife Management from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences helps students gain the following skills:
- identify the different Nordic ecosystems and the most characteristic landscape features and species
- present and discuss different views and opinions regarding wildlife management and the human dimension in it
- assess different management regimes and elucidate different monitoring systems
Sustainable use and management of natural resources are not any longer of national, but of cross-boundary concern. Regarding global impacts such as climate change, you will, as a future manager of natural resources, as a scientist or as a teacher, need an international approach.
Graduates with Boreal Forest and Wildlife Management from Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences will have:
- knowledge about the geological events that have shaped the Nordic landscape
- knowledge about the Nordic view in management of forests and wildlife
- knowledge about existing conflicts between man and the environment in the interior landscapes of the Nordic countries, with regard to environmental issues, husbandry, economics and rural development
- knowledge about current issues and scientific methods in forestry- and wildlife management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ecology and management of freshwater fisheries
- Wildlife management
- Boreal forest sector
- Boreal Forest Management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enter the study it is required that the student can confirm to have fulfilled at least one year at a university or university college within the fields of wildlife biology, biology, ecology, evolution, forestry, agriculture, environmental sciences or likewise, or have achieved the bachelor degree in such sciences.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 4 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 4 months.
Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences doesn't have any tuition fees. A registration and semester fee applies at the start of the semester.
Living costs for Elverum
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.