Music Education programme is offered at John Brown University.
- Students will perform literature specific to emphasis and field of study, demonstrating stylistic insight, technical proficiency, musical artistry, and a scholarly thought process.
- Students will demonstrate a thorough understanding of the pre-performance aspects of music through written and aural mediums, based on fundamental theoretical principles.
- Students will describe and explain the historical development of music, identifying historical styles and performance practices, musical forms, repertoire of different media, and the lives and contributions of outstanding musicians.
- Students will demonstrate a working knowledge and application of technology and software used in various musical platforms and professions.
- Students will develop an understanding of key principles, terms, and theories in the sub-fields of music and education; and/or demonstrate mastery of these principles on national standardized tests.
- Students will develop a personal philosophy of the arts, thinking through the integration of art and faith, the role of the arts in modern society, and the pedagogical responsibilities that come with being an educated artist.
- Students will use the professional skills learned to serve the community of JBU and beyond.
- Recital Attendance
- Liberal Arts Foundations for the Musician
- Lyric Diction
- Survey of Instruments
- History of Music
- Choral Techniques
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Rolling application deadline
DisciplinesEducation Music View 3658 other Bachelors in Education in United States
- For admission, we require a 2.5 high school GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and either a 20 ACT, 1020 SAT or 66 CLT score. We do not score the writing portions of these tests.
- We do not use a superscore (taking the best scores if students take the ACT or SAT multiple times) for acceptance. However, once accepted, we will calculate your superscore for academic scholarships.
International28288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28288 USD per year during 48 months.
National28288 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28288 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Arkansas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.