You will study the history of fine artists working in the medium and gain sound technical skills in creating time-based art through projects in the field and in the studio.
The ability to delve into a variety of electives and film genres - from experimental to installation to documentary - lets you explore and experiment as you realize film and video's full potential for personal expression. If you are interested in narrative and documentary film, you can pursue the department's Filmmaking concentration.
- Maryland Institute College of Art alumni from Animation, Film and Video, Illustration, Interactive Arts, and Photography programs are thriving in media arts careers.
- Companies around the country where MICA alumni have landed internships, jobs and competitive freelance assignments include Anthropologie, Apple, Chobani Yogurt, DC Comics, Dreamworks Animation, Google, the Johns Hopkins Institute of Nanobiology, LucasArts Entertainment, National Geographic, The New York Times, Pixar and Whole Foods Market.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Sound Design for the Moving Image
- Moving Image
- Video Art
- Documentary Production
- Cinematography & Lighting
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media View 832 other Bachelors in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- START Your Application
- Tests and Test Optional
- College Essay
- Letters of Recommendation
- Activities and Interests
- Immigration and VISA Information
International48510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National48510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.