Cumulative recitals showcase performance achievements during the junior and senior years of the BM in Music (Vocal, Instrumental, Jazz, Composition) from Jacksonville University.
Generally, all instrumentalists and vocalists auditioning for all degrees will need to prepare:
- Two selections in contrasting styles from the standard, collegiate-level, audition appropriate literature (or one longer work) that best display musical accomplishments.
- Major scales, chromatic scales, and arpeggios will most likely be requested, as well as sight-reading. Instrumentalists are not required to perform with accompaniment.
- IMPORTANT: Self-composed selections are not appropriate for college auditions, unless you are submitting them for review for collegiate-level entrance into the BM in Composition and Theory degree program.
Candidates audition before a music faculty committee that will evaluate technique, musicianship, tone quality, and sight-reading ability. Prepare carefully for your audition in order to perform as well as possible. An accompanist will be provided at no charge for on-site vocal auditions for scheduled audition days.
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Essential Keyboard Skills
- Jazz Piano
- Music Theory
- The Music Profession
- Junior Recital
- History of Music
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
rolling admission with soft deadlines; for the Spring semester, submit your application prior to Dec 30; for Fall, submit your application prior to Aug 1.
DisciplinesMusic Music Composition View 2319 other Bachelors in Music in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The music audition serves two purposes: entrance for music majors into any degree program, and scholarships for any qualified student, regardless of major. This includes the music business and commercial music degrees.
- The Linda Berry Stein College of Fine Arts welcomes all applicants interested in Music to audition.
- Please note that you must apply to Jacksonville University before attending an audition or portfolio review, and that you must be accepted to the university before you can be accepted into the Linda Berry Stein College of Fine Arts.
- Applications require a $30 non-refundable application fee
- Request that your official transcript be sent directly from your school(s) to Jacksonville University's admissions office.
- English language proficiency.
- Completion of the Financial Information for International Applications Form is required.
International42250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42250 USD per year during 48 months.
National42250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42250 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.