Why Edinboro stands out
The Criminal Justice program of Edinboro University goes beyond vocational training to enhance your understanding of human behavior.
Energetic faculty with experience in multiple disciplines will guide you through the fundamentals of policing, courts, corrections, homeland security, emergency management, private and retail security. At the same time, you will hone your critical thinking as well as oral and written communication skills, and gain an understanding of statistics, research and ethics.
You'll have the opportunity to narrow your field of interest through coursework in juvenile justice, probation and parole, criminal investigations and more. When you graduate, you will be well prepared for a wide range of career opportunities and a lifetime of community service and civic engagement.
How Edinboro stands out
As a student, you will see what it's like in the real world. While internships are not required, they are highly recommended to expand your knowledge of the criminal justice system and to further explore your particular field of interest.
Edinboro Criminal Justice majors have outstanding opportunities to get hands-on experience in a variety of areas, including:
- Local police departments
- Federal law enforcement
- County law enforcement positions, such as sheriffs and deputy sheriffs
- Probation and parole
- Forensic science positions
- Medical examiner offices
- County investigators
- Federal, State and local jails and prisons
- Private security careers, such as celebrity and public figure protection
- Corporate and hospital security
- Homeland security
- Victim-witness services
- Emergency management
- Social services related to criminal and social justice
- Counseling and social work
- Military service
- Courts, Criminal Law/Pros
- Criminal Justice Ethics
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSociology Criminal Law Criminology View 622 other Bachelors in Criminology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official transcripts, sent directly to Edinboro from the high school attended. If applicable, also include official exam results and evidence of graduation.
- Official test scores of English proficiency includes the Test of English as a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Duolingo English Test, GTEC CBT exam, Pearson Test of English or STEP-EIKEN.
- Additional items may be requested after review of application and transcript(s).
International16760 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16760 USD per year during 48 months.
National15062 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15062 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10543 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10543 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Edinboro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.