Students in Communication Sciences and Disorders from Jacksonville University will be prepared for transition into a graduate program in speech-language pathology. They will also encounter a strong foundation of science courses culminating with an internship experience in the health, rehabilitation or educational field(s).
Graduate degrees at the masters or doctoral level are necessary to work as speech-language pathologists or audiologists. These individuals work as professionals to assist people who have communication disorders; teachers, clinical supervisors and/or researchers in universities; administrators and leaders in healthcare or educational settings.
With this degree you are able to:
- Serve the community workforce as a professional aide in rehabilitation care
- Work in a clinical field as a speech-language pathology assistant
- Assist a Master’s level clinician with treatment of children and adults
- Provide assistance for program development of speech-language pathology
- Enter in an accredited Master’s degree program in speech language pathology or doctorate of audiology program.
The Jacksonville University, undergraduate major in Communication, Sciences and Disorders includes courses in language development, anatomy and physiology, neuroanatomy, acoustics and phonetics and other courses for professional preparation.
- Human Anatomy & Physiology
- A General Chemistry or Physics course (must include a lab)
- Human Nutrition or Human Growth & Development
- Speech and Language Development
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
rolling admission with soft deadlines; for the Spring semester, submit your application prior to Dec 30; for Fall, submit your application prior to Aug 1.
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 171 other Bachelors in Speech Pathology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applications require a $30 non-refundable application fee along with the application.
- Request that your official transcript be sent directly from your school(s) to Jacksonville University's admissions office.
- Submit evidence of English language proficiency.
- JU does not require applicants to submit an SAT or ACT score in the admissions application.
- Completion of the Financial Information for International Applications Form is required.
International42250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42250 USD per year during 48 months.
National42250 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42250 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Jacksonville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.