Here at OpenClassrooms, we pinpoint the key skills needed for the most in-demand jobs and develop courses and diplomas to train our students in those areas. That’s why we've developed a one-year bachelor’s-level diploma in development, which you can complete entirely online with the help of a dedicated mentor.
In this Bachelor's-level diploma - Android Developer from OpenClassrooms, you'll study Android development. Android developers build mobile applications on the most widely-used mobile platform in the world. You guessed it: Android! They build apps that run on both smartphones and tablets and can even run on Android smartphones or TVs.
Android is a mobile operating system created by Google. You may also have heard of its main competitor: iOS, which is made by Apple. Android is similar in terms of functionality but looks different and runs on different types of phones.
An Android developer:
- Builds mobile applications on the Android operating system
- Writes clean, well-structured code
- Writes unit and integration tests for their code
- Takes project briefs from clients and builds apps based on those needs
- And more!
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What will I learn?
- Create Android applications based on Java and the development environment Android Studio
- Communicate with a database to store and retrieve information
- Write unit and integration tests, as well as interface tests
- Produce technical and functional documentation of an application
- Use a network to retrieve information
- Understand and apply Design Patterns to ensure application stability
- Analyze a project brief and choose a technical solution
- Create technical architecture using UML diagrams
- Respect Material Design recommendations in order to provide the best user experience possible
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 9 other Masters in Computer Sciences in France
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A high school diploma / GCSE level
- A good level of English (for non-native speakers, a CEFR level of B2, an IELTS band score of 6.5, or a TOEFL score of 80 is recommended)
- Access to a computer (PC or Mac), headphones, a webcam, and a good internet connection
- Ideally an Android smartphone
International300 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per module during 12 months.
National300 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR per module during 12 months.
Tuition fee per month
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.