Students select a concentrations in one of these areas:
- Business & Information Technology
You’ll complete coursework necessary to earn Virginia licensure (coursework can be adapted for teachers who are provisionally licensed), and spend 300-500 hours gaining hands-on classroom experience. Classes in the Secondary Education (6-12) program at Shenandoah University are available at two campuses or online and taught by faculty who hold terminal degrees and K-12 teaching licenses. Our programs are fully accredited by CAEP.
Shenandoah graduates serve as leaders in schools throughout Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and Virginia.
Public school teachers’ salaries are a matter of public record, and a search of a pK-12 Public School Division website will yield the salary scale.
Once employed, teachers are placed on a scale that shows incremental increases each year, according to degrees and credentials.
- Child Development
- Child Development Lab
- Orientation to Teaching/Practicum
- Methods & Assessments in Middle/Secondary Schools
- Methods & Management in Middle/Secondary Schools
- Reading & Writing in the Content Area
- Student Teaching in the Middle/Secondary Schools
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 146 other Bachelors in Educational Research in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- You will need to complete the undergraduate application for international admissions.
- Have your former high school send an official transcript directly to Shenandoah University’s Office of Admissions. If an institution is unable to send original documents, you must have an appropriate school official certify that the copy is an official copy with a stamp and signature.
- All transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must also be submitted for an academic credential evaluation to obtain equivalency information regarding courses, credits, grades and degrees earned.
- All applicants must demonstrate English proficiency
- Please complete the Supplemental Application for International Students and provide financial documentation in order to start the process of obtaining an I-20.
International32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
National32510 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16255 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.