Along with core Theology courses at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota found in the integrated general education program, students who choose to major or minor in theology engage in advanced studies that enable them to further understand the complexity and integrity of the Catholic Christian faith, as well as its dialogues with other faith traditions.
Courses in the major area address the development of doctrine, Church history, the moral life, prayer and worship, justice and peace. Study abroad to better understand the global nature of the Christian faith is encouraged. Students who choose to complete the Theology major with a concentration in Pastoral and Youth Ministry will have the opportunity to do extended internship work in the field of their choice, on campus or abroad. The major is structured to facilitate most students who desire to double major and complete their degree in four years.
The theology major is recommended for students who plan to teach, serve church communities, engage in chaplaincy, so campus ministry, and work in faith-based social justice organizations. Knowledge of theology is also strong preparation for graduate studies in the liberal arts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Foundations in Catholic Theology
- Method in Theology
- The Search for Truth
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 813 other Bachelors in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed application. Saint Mary's has an online application and also accepts the Common Application.
- Official high school transcript
- Official Test Scores - ACT, SAT, or Classic Learning tests are accepted.
- An essay or brief personal statement. In 250 words or fewer, please tell us about: a significant experience you've had, an accomplishment or risk you have taken, a person who has made a difference in your life, a topic of concern to you, or anything else you think would help us learn more about you. You can also choose to submit a graded paper or write something new!
- Letters of Recommendation are optional.
International36050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36050 USD per year during 48 months.
National36050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36050 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.