Teach Spanish, by far the most in-demand language studied in U.S. high schools. The Modern/Classical Languages Department works in partnership with the School of Education to offer courses required for secondary education in Spanish.
Teaching, reaching, and stimulating middle and high school learners takes strong skills and superior teacher preparation. Saint Mary's School of Education is committed to excellent faculty, small class sizes, and real-world experience. This, in turn, prepares secondary education teachers to relate to students, helping to launch learners toward future success. Saint Mary's School of Education helps secondary education majors create a challenging and positive learning environment for all learners, including those with diverse backgrounds and needs. Toward that objective, strong emphasis is placed on gaining extensive field experience in a variety of settings prior to graduation. Faculty connect these field experiences to coursework, combining theory and practice, modeling effective instruction, providing relevant context, and building confidence to address the variety of situations future teachers will encounter.
A majority of Spanish Education graduates from Saint Mary's University of Minnesota pursue classroom teaching in public or private middle or high schools; others go on to seek advanced degrees from Saint Mary's in special education, literacy, educational administration, curriculum and instruction, or school counseling. Graduates may also pursue employment in other fields such as business, health care, or work with international agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Beginning Conversational Spanish I
- Beginning Conversational Spanish II
- Intermediate Conversational Spanish I
- Intermediate Conversational Spanish II
- Advanced Spanish Conversation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducation Language Studies View 2828 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed application form
- Official high school transcript
- Official Test Scores - ACT, SAT, or Classic Learning tests are accepted.
- An essay or brief personal statement. In 250 words or fewer, please tell us about: a significant experience you've had, an accomplishment or risk you have taken, a person who has made a difference in your life, a topic of concern to you, or anything else you think would help us learn more about you.
- Letters of Recommendation are optional.
- If you choose to upload a document, please make sure your file is either a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx), an RTF file, or a PDF file. Any other format (including Google Docs) will not load into your application.
International36050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36050 USD per year during 48 months.
National36050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 36050 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.