The Art Education concentration at Elizabethtown College prepares students for Pennsylvania State Certification, ranging from pre-school through twelfth grade. Courses such as Methodology and Curriculum Development for Elementary and Secondary School promotes practical teaching methodologies and practices in order to prepare students for field-work experiences.
Students take part in a semester-long capstone course that places students within urban, rural and suburban school settings that are supervised by certified educational professionals and mandated by the Pennsylvania Department of Education. Additionally, Studio Art and Art History courses are a large portion of an Art Education major's curriculum. In their final year, students produce professional portfolios and participate in the senior group show.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Foundations of Teaching and Learning
- Early Adolescent/Adolescent Development
- Integrated Technology
- Foundations of Inclusive Education
- ELL: Linguistic and Cultural Diversity in the Classroom
- Professional Internship
- Senior Seminar for Secondary Education
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Visual Arts Art History View 844 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The International Student Financial Aid Application and Certification of Finances Form.
- Official or attested copies of your secondary school record (university records, if applicable).
- Official results of the TOEFL, IELTS, or EIKEN.
- Two letters of recommendation from your guidance counselor, advisor, principal and teachers.
- A 250-word autobiographical statement, written in English, explaining why you are applying to Elizabethtown College.
- A copy of the picture page of your passport and any U.S. visas you may hold.
International32960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32960 USD per year during 48 months.
National32960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32960 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Elizabethtown
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.