The opportunity to travel and work in this dynamic and exciting sector is always worthy of consideration.
This International Hotel Management (Hons) degree from Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology was the first Hotel Management degree in Ireland and many graduates now work in senior roles worldwide.
Graduates will have excellent employment opportunities, at various levels of employment, in all aspects of the hospitality and tourism industry at home and abroad.
Alternatively, graduates may specialise in specific areas such as marketing, finance, human resources, operations management to name but a few within the service industries.
- At the end of year one, there is a twelve week work placement in an Irish hotel or other approved property, organised by the LINKS office in conjunction with the student.
- After the second year examinations, students undertake a thirty week industrial placement, organised by the LINKS office in conjunction with the student. Irish and European students must complete their placement outside of Ireland and non-EU students will complete their placement in Ireland. An industrial project must be completed in respect of this placement.
- If students are considering an international career, the College would encourage students to study an international language during their four years of study and to complete their international placement in a location that supports the development of the language. Students are supported and monitored during their placement.
- Formal relationships exist with EU and American universities and these provide for exciting opportunities to study and work abroad during the second placement.
- Food Studies
- Hospitality Operations
- Financial Accountancy
- Marketing Principles
- An international language: French, German or Spanish
- Information Technology
- Legal Studies
- Market Research
- Strategic Management
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Tourism & Leisure View 65 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Ireland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The general minimum Leaving Certificate entry requirement is a Grade O6/H7 or better in six Leaving Certificate subjects including English or Irish and Mathematics, two of which must be passed in higher level papers at Grade H5 or higher.
International6950 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6950 EUR per year during 48 months.
EU/EEA819 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 819 EUR per year during 48 months.
Student Contribution: euro 3,000
Living costs for Galway
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.