What is Unique About Our Program?
Although classroom learning comprises a significant part of your SUNY Plattsburgh experience, out-of-class learning is every bit as important. Internships bridge theoretical concepts with practical experience, and are a high priority in our department. Past internship sites have included police departments, social service organizations, and government agencies, and others. The more practical experience you have on your resume, the more marketable you will be after you graduate.
You will have options to study abroad, learn a foreign language, or get involved with Plattsburgh’s chapter of Alpha Kappa Delta, the international Honor Society for Sociology. The Sociology Club at State University of New York Plattsburgh offers field trips and informal discussion with your peers and faculty, along with the chance to meet and learn from people from many different professions and backgrounds within the sociology field.
What Are My Career Opportunities?
- Students who major in Sociology have a wide variety of career paths from which to choose. You might decide that being a social researcher is the career for you, or perhaps working with women, children, or disadvantaged groups suits you better. Or maybe you’ve dreamed of developing and implementing a policy that will improve people’s lives through political action or government service.
- Besides these career paths, many students use their B.A. in Sociology as a stepping stone to graduate study in a variety of fields such as sociology, social work, psychology, criminal justice, political science, or law. The major is diverse and flexible enough to allow you to tailor it to fit your interests and career choice.
- Research Methods
- Sociology of Peace and War
- Sociology of Globalization
- Sociology of Development in the Americas
- Sociology of the Environment
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Cognitive Sciences View 1868 other Bachelors in Sociology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete the Common Application or SUNY Application
- Pay the $50 application fee
- Send an official high school transcript
- Although applicants are not required to take the SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test), it is highly recommended.
- One letter of recommendation is requested. Letters composed in English are preferred, but if necessary, we will accept letters written in other languages.
- Please compose a personal essay in English using at least 250 words.
International16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 USD per semester during 48 months.
National16980 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8490 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State7070 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3535 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Plattsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.