Why Earn Your BA in Theology and Religious Studies at Sacred Heart University?
The Theology and Religious Studies bachelor’s degree at Sacred Heart provides a rigorous curriculum that is relevant for today’s 21st century learners. You will develop critical thinking skills while analyzing contemporary issues in science, culture, ethics, and politics from a religious perspective.
Through this study, you will be prepared for successful careers in law, business, Christian ministry, and health science to name a few.
With a Theology and Religious Studies degree, you will also:
- Benefit from small classes sizes taught by accomplished faculty who are active in their fields and dedicated to teaching, mentoring, and developing the student as a whole person
- Study the religious impulse and its various manifestations over many centuries of human history, and how that impulse still inspires religious movements.
- Explore Christian theology, with emphasis on the Catholic intellectual traditions
- Examine Catholicism, including its doctrines, practices, and methods of reasoning (theology)
- Apply ethical concepts to a broad range of situations while broadening your awareness and understanding of the complexities of the human condition.
- Learn to read, analyze and interpret complicated texts, think critically, and articulate your own complex ideas in writing
- Complete an internship with local Diocese, charities, social advocacy organizations, and local Catholic high schools, and serve as a teaching assistant and tutor on campus
- Write original research papers and complete a senior capstone project
Programme StructureCourses included:
- The Hebrew Bible
- New Testament
- Letters of Paul
- Gospel of Luke and Acts
- Theology & Spirituality
- Catholic Theology
- Understanding Theology
- Faith & Reason
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
After February 1: Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions basis
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology View 2260 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official scholastic records from all secondary schools and college/universities attended
- One letter of recommendation
- Educational Consultant Agent Release
- All students who wish to receive academic credit for coursework taken at a foreign university will have to provide a course-by-course evaluation issued by WES, SpanTran, or by any other accredited organization listed on NACES. In addition to the course-by-course evaluation, an official description of each university course must be provided in English.
- For all non-native English speakers, an official score report of an English language proficiency examination or acceptable waiver is required. To request a waiver, submit a transcript showing English coursework taken.
- Copy of your passport, specifically the page(s) containing your identification data and signature of bearer
International44960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22480 USD per semester during 48 months.
National44960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22480 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Fairfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.